Monday, June 7, 2010

Sum sum summa-time

I think it's time to let you all know that this blog has become a major pain in the butt.  It's too hard to think about it when the sun is finally out!   AAAAHHHHH!  I absolutely love the sunshine and the summer and the smell of the blossoms and the cut grass and the flowers and the singing birds and the heat beating down on my skin and the water and the pool and the hot car after church and the warm nights and the beautiful sunsets and the patriotism and the parades and the fireworks and the swing and the deck and the watermelon and the lemonade and the barbecues and the crickets chirping and the shade of the box elder tree and taking naps on the grass and the sunshine and the early morning dew and driving with my windows down and not having to wear socks and flip flops, how I love flip flops and the sunglasses and the slurpees and the fresh fruit stands and the summer clothes and the fresh vegetables.  Yes, I do love summer.  It is so choice.  I feel guilty taking a nap in the summer because I don't want to waste a single minute of this commodity we call summer.  Just thought you should all know.......it makes me as happy as a jumbo jet. (2 jumbo jets actually)

2 comments:

  1. I must admit that I am liking the idea of summer this year. Hope is just meant to live outside. I did love the thunder and lightning show last night though. I love a good storm.
    I am excited for all the fun barbecues--especially the one that includes my BIRTHDAY!!! Woohoo!
    Goals this summer: get tan, jog, and eat lots of watermelon--maybe we should have a watermelon eating contest. Just a thought.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We all know who has the biggest mouth in the family, the contest just wouldn't be fair. Plus she has ALREADY won a watermelon eating contest before.

    Gotta say, I am liking this summer thus far. Although I could do without the "Lobster Legs" I earned the other day after lounging around the pool without sunscreen. But hey, they now match my permanently sunburned knees I earned in Hawaii:)

    ReplyDelete