Thursday, June 17, 2010

I'm Trapped!

As I sit here in the computer room listening to the delightful sucking sounds of the Stanley Steamer Boys, I realize I'm stuck here until they leave and I can tiptoe on wet carpet back to another room. Between Zoey's excited piddle ,(too numerous to mention), Hope's potty training mishaps, a few cola spills, Hershey bar meltdowns and various unknown stains, the carpet cleaning boys are back in town. It is interesting to note that they ALWAYS ask if you want the "protective" treatment on the carpets, which costs more than the cleaning itself. I've had it done a few times and really, I see no difference. What could they possibly come up with to protect the carpet other than a nailed-down visqueen? I mean, I think that's how they make their money by trying to get suckers like me to add on the magic treatment that is nothing more than an uknown mist they spray on the old shag.

I also feel the need to discuss a rather interesting obituary I just read. I know you're thinking, "there she goes throwing a damper on the blog", but I think it's kind of a cute idea. An 80 year old woman died and at the end of her name it had the initials PW. Kind of like noting a graduate degree or significant accomplishment. At the end of her obituary it said, "if you're wondering what the PW stands for, it stand for Precious Woman which is what her husband George called her". How cute is that?! So I've come up with a few alternative initials you might consider adding to my obituary when the time comes. I like EM for Embarrassing Mother, CJ for Clever Jac, OV for Obsessive Vacuumer or my favorite LF for Loves Family. (I had to throw in a nice one just in case you guys really take this serious.) Please DO NOT include "Loved to Shop" in the obituary. That is just a thorn in my side and not something that will help me achieve any degree of celestial glory.

Well, on that note, I hope you all have a nice day and if you happen to visit, walk softly on barefeet till this place dries out.

Jac

2 comments:

  1. Perhaps the Steam Team should have come when Hope was finished potty training. Today she's she 0 for 3! But, that's your choice. . .

    I didn't notice that in my daily obituary reading. I think it's cute if you like that sort of thing. Please be sure to put M.Ed at the end of my name. hahaha! ("Oh!" Maybe her husband called her Ed"-- cute, no!)
    But in all seriousness, everyone should have a say in some of the things that go in their obituary. But really, what could you possibly do to us when "Gone Shopping" is italicized below your name in your obit?? Actutally, now that I think about it . . . we may just put "Gone Shoppin in order to save on the use of letters.

    Same goes with your head stone. . ."Jac Jensen"--at least we'll understand it.

    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Saw the cutest thing on a headstone last night...you may ask yourself "why was Aimee in a cemetary last night", I'll explain later. But on the headstone for a young boy that had died it just said "I'm OK". That touched me:)

    The reason I was in a cemetary last night with my husband and boys was for FHE. We have been discussing patriotism for the last couple of weeks and decided to make paper flags to put on the veterans in our local cemetary. It really was neat, could possibly become a tradition. Though while driving by today and the boys were looking for their flags, I realized that the sprinklers are BOUND to come on in the cemetary in the next day or two and totally ruin our cute effort-Oh well...thought that counts-right?!

    ReplyDelete