Friday, July 9, 2010

Tired of Waiting?

I know, I know you keep checking in on our blog hoping, just HOPING that one day someone will break down and write something clever and informative. Well, today probably isn't that day, but I personally am sick of seeing the phrase "I'm Trapped" everytime I check the blog. MJ is really slacking in this area of her life, although I must admit she has been pretty busy fixing broken sprinkler vales, painting the house, entertaining nieces and nephews in every way possible, and keeping us from starving by going to the grocery store when Jac's too tired.

There is alot happening with wonderful news of a new baby coming next month and getting to see the Las Vegas relatives with all the cousins, aunts and uncles on a larger than life 24th of July. We are pumped and pulling out all the stops so that everyone will have the best 24th EVER! Now watch, it will rain or something and they'll cancel the festivities and fireworks...that would be our luck. But we will prevail no matter what happens!!

Jac and the boys had a great time yesterday for their annual summer sleepover at Grandma's. LOVED seeing Toy Story 3 and listening to Easton's giggle. That was entertainment enough....and sitting in the dark theater and having Noah shout at me every 20 or 30 minutes..."Grandma, is it still morning?" I just couldn't quite convince him it wasn't midnight. They were so good though, and we had such a fun time. My purse full of spilled Nerds, popcorn and chewed gum stuck to my pen pretty much summed it up.

Things are looking good at the old homstead. The pool has been a lifesaver, the grass is green, flowers are in bloom and life is looking up despite a pair of pigeons who have nested in our chimney who act like they are from Alfred Hitchcock's movie "The Birds" and are attacking the chimney flume with beaks of steel. It sounds like someone is jackhammering on our roof, and as you all know from last years, pigeon-falling-in-the- fireplace episode, heaven forbid we try to scare them off. I like nice birds as much as the next person, but these two are killer fowl with no regard for mankind. They must be close relatives of the magpies because they have the same mean mentality. Give me a cute little quail, a sparrow or red-breasted-robin anyday and I'll throw them seeds of kindness galore. But when it come to these damn pigeons, it's poison meat time.

Well, on that note, have a nice day and remember that only you can prevent forest fires.

Jac

4 comments:

  1. Wow, what a post indeed! Sounds like the movie was fun, the boys have been talking about it all day.

    As for the birds, geez I dunno. But I do know a couple of boys with airsoft guns that would love to have a go at the birds...hmmm

    And remember...Give a hoot don't pollute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I gotta admit a little damn and hell spikes up the bolg. I personally would like to thank Maintenance Marne'--the yard is impeccable!

    As for your pigeon story . . .it's for the birds.

    Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jac, first... my purse looks like that all the time ( and I don't have grand kids) haha.

    Second, as for the birds, I think Grandma Reading really ruined your love for birds. My mom is the same way, she likes quails but if a bird buzzes by, she runs for the door.

    Thanks for the blog post, I laughed so hard! Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. JAC!! I finally found your blog again and now I want MORE!!! You guys crack me up, I seriously think you should both write a column for the newspaper!! I miss you!! (this is Melanie btw, I think it says something like "our family" whenever I post a comment. Weird. :) Love you!

    ReplyDelete