Friday, April 2, 2010

Unicorns

I hate to be the bearer of bad tidings, but Unicorns are NOT real.  I am a little disappointed that Fisher Price has chosen to include a unicorn in their adorable fairy treehouse.  I guess a fairy should cause concern as well, but that is another blog post.
Back to the unicorn.  Come on people---there are believers out there I am sure.  But I hate to break it to you.  It's probably an antelope who got the bad end of a fight with another antelope.  That's the only one horned animal out there.  Do the believers think that a narwhal came out of the water and suddenly grew 4 legs and bred with a horse?  I DON'T THINK SO.
I don't like unicorns, I have never liked unicorns, and I will never like unicorns....unless of course a niece (I hope not a nephew) suddenly becomes interested in them-I am sure I would love them too!
For one thing, they've got the name all wrong.  Uni-corn.  Shouldn't it be Uni-horn?  Where in the h-e-double hockey sticks did the corn come from???  The whole thing is just ridiculous.  The crazy looking animal, an even crazier name and people that actually believe this stuff.  What is this world coming to?  If you google the word 'unicorn' you will be shocked what you find.  There is a unicorn collector site, a unicorn lady, unicorn museum, unicorn wine, unicorn electronics.  LAME-O.
I sure hope I haven't offended any unicorn lovers that read this blog.  If I have...too stinking bad, live in the now.  Unicorns don't live here, they never have, and never will.
PHEW!

3 comments:

  1. Do you remember the little film from the 80's "The Last Unicorn"? That show scared the crap out of me! All I remember is torment, danger and FIRE...in a CARTOON! What the heck?!

    Not a huge fan of unicorns, but don't have the complete disdain that MJ apparently has for them. Not a shocker that MJ hates these beautiful, peaceful animals-I know she also has a strong dislike for cute little monkeys and fun-loving clowns...go figure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As long as I can remember, I wanted to believe in unicorns. Maybe it's because I love horses and the whole mystic thing of a horse with a horn. Not sure, and haven't really thought about it recently. Now MJ I will put you down for disliking the following:

    Clowns......check
    D Hopper....check
    Unicorns....check

    Good to know for future reference.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAHAHA! That was good TER! I really didn't know you liked horses--my mom hates them. Hmmmm. . .interesting.

    Good point about the UNI-HORN.

    ReplyDelete