Well, I think there needs to be a little clarification on the conversation that actually took place regarding Dog Zoey. Let me preface it by saying I like Zoey. She is a cute little dog and her behavior is above average, but as I told MJ, "I'm not Terri...I don't LOVE dogs like you guys." I have always told you kids, when I'm old and gray, (well, let's face it, I'm NEVER going to really be gray) don't feel sorry for me and BUY ME A DOG!!! I don't need that kind of companionship or the sound of little furry footsteps on my floor. Just give me my bed, a nice TV and a Hershey bar and I'm set.
Perhaps my comments did include saying that if something were to happen I would look for a really good, close (as in another daughter's) home for the little gal. I don't dislike Zoey and I think it's really cute that she is Marne's little buddy, it's just that I don't feel quite as connected to the canine world as some others. You will not see me purchasing little car seats, shoulder carrier bags or glittered jewelry for the dog. I give her a treat on occasion and let her out (and back in!) What more can you ask of co-owner? So that's it in a nutshell. I grew up with every kind of breed of dog you can imagine, and I honestly don't really remember any of them as being my "buddy". Sorry for disappointing you all. I love you guys though, and the grandkids are what real love is all about!
Mom
A vert tolerant dog person
I can't imagine anyone OVER exaggerating anything in this family...
ReplyDelete