Unlike my sisters, I don't have a love of era's of the past.
I have NO desire to live in that time. Why? Why would you want to wear a dress that weighs 50 pounds, and has pantaloons?
There is a reason that they lived in that time and we don't. We now have technological advances that make it unnecessary to live in those impoverished times.
Maybe they need to be reminded that you didn't flip a switch to have the light come on. They didn't have instant warm water. There were no hair dryers or curling irons. Everyone had hairy legs. There was no Lady Speed Stick, or Paul Mitchell. You would have had to sew your own clothing, AND underwear. Make your own rugs, make dinner every night (without a microwave). Pluck your own chickens, collect your own milk from a cow TEET!
I just think maybe it's time for a wake-up call. We live in the 2000's. We are blessed! Aside from a few earthquakes and identity theft, BE GRATEFUL! This just isn't as glamorous as you think. Trust me.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME--It's a time of romance, love, enduring sisterhood, peasants and royalty, oil lamps and feathered pens, bustiers and whale bones, fine china ad candlelit rooms, reading books aloud for entertainment, piano fortes, balls and ballgowns, feathers and ribbons galore, soldiers on foot, telegrams, arranged marriages, heartbreak, poetry, cozy quilts, snow covered window panes . . .the list goes on. I love everything about it! I was truly born in the wrong time period. . .
ReplyDeleteIt was a time of respect and a sense of what is proper and what is vile. A time of Pride and prejudice, Sense and sensibility, Emma and Austen. Mansfield Park, Haverly place, Mr. Darcy, Mr. F, sir and madam. And my favorite 1800's quote of all time...If you do not have something appropriate to say, I suggest you restrict your remarks to the weather! (in a British accent)
ReplyDelete"I could never love anyone as much as I love my sisters'"
ReplyDeleteWow, I didn't think I would ever hear Squirrel say the word "vile". Two of the sisters have certainly gotten passionate about that time period! I like the old movies with Katherine Hepburn, John Wayne, Danny Kaye, Jimmy Stewart...now THOSE are classics without getting into the weirdness of those old English folk. That distinguished pig picture just says it all.
ReplyDeleteWhitney... never quote Little Women again! I'm with MJ on this one. There was no way I could survive back then, I couldn't even make the night on Pioneer Trek...
ReplyDelete