I admit, I don't go to movies, but who's even heard of half of these movies? I don't even think they show these movies in Utah theaters. Does a comedy ever win an award? It's so dramatic.
These people need to grow up. They think they are going to Junior Prom or something.
And why do they call it an Oscar? Isn't this the Academy Awards? Shouldn't it be called an "Acad", or an "AA", or an "Demy". Oscar just doesn't make sense.
As if these people need more attention, and more camera time.
Besides all of that, it's just really boring.
I just look at all the money spent for this 2 hour woop-ta-do and can only imagine how much better that money could have been spent.
We all know you are wonderful. We have all seen your face. We have all seen you in a tuxedo. We have all seen you in a thousand different Vera Wang gowns. If we wanted to see more of you, we would actually go see your movie. Which is probably depressing and has accents that we can't understand. There's also a pretty good chance it's going to have subtitles too.
Well, at least it's only once a year, but with all the other awards shows, it sure seems like there is one on almost every other week.
I happen to know that there are some people that really enjoy this prestigious event, so I will stop my complaining.
I'm sure I could find some good aspects of this show. Like, well I can't think of any right now.
This is a TRUE Oscar!
Edit: Oh good grief, right after I had click publish post, I "accidently" flipped the channel to the Academy Awards and there is Oprah. Good Grief! It just keeps getting worse. Oh, let's get Oprah, we don't see enough of her!
Edit #2: What in the world? Barbara Streisand? Is she still alive?

That is a very valid point about Oscar! However, I really thought Sandra Bullock deserved to win best Actress and she was so cute! I love her. But you are right . . .way too much money was spent. And Oprah was my breaking point. Notice that she introduced the black girl--no one else can speak "black" like OPRAH apparently. DUH!!
ReplyDeleteMight I note that while Vera Wang is one of the most friendly designers, she is certainly not the only one that deserves credit. Some great dresses, but Penelope Cruz was a total flop for me...sorry!
Gotta agree with MJ. We actually do go to some movies and watch some entertainment shows, but was surprised that I haven't even HEARD of most of the movies nominated. Glad that Avatar didn't take over all the awards, that show just bugs me. Weird!
ReplyDeleteOne more point. SO do not like Meryl Streep, she just thinks she is the gift to the world!
And lastly...Jeff Bridges. Can anyone you name at least 2 movies that he was in? What was all that hoopla over him about?
Funny how we all watched the lame awards show though...
I'm glad to see you up and running the blog...love the new look. Yes, I will admit I watched most of the show... EXCEPT that the dvr was set at three hours and it went over 30 minutes. I missed all the good stuff!! I sat thru all the stupid stuff like screenplay, foreign film, shorts and longs, best sound etc. and then just as they were giving out best actor, it cut off. Gad, what a total waste. I was glad to hear that Sandra Bullock won best actress, she deserved it, and her dress was beautiful. I also liked the tribute to John Hughs, and the movies he made. (Next year I will just go the oscar website and watch the short clips of the winners.)
ReplyDelete