Sunday, March 14, 2010

A waste of a half hour

I completely wasted an entire half of an hour today.  As I sat in the family room with Jac, who was flipping through the channels, she often stops on shows that I wouldn't dream of giving a second look.  I try not to complain, but just continue playing my game on the iphone.
Well, tonight I need to complain.
There was an actual show made up of 4 "experts" that were reviewing last weeks Oscar attire.  Are you kidding me????  The panel consisted of Joan Rivers, Khloe Kardashian, A flamboyant gay man and a fake blonde skinny girl.
I know, I thought the same thing.....since when is Khloe Kardashian a fashionista?
They actually each took turns discussing different dresses and bowties.  They made fun of people, offered praise, advice, gave hints and generally made themselves look like materialistic snobs.  Now I realize that I've already posted about my distaste for the "red carpet" and the Oscars in general, but I guess I just need to reiterate how purely wasteful this type of television is.
It actually became painful.  I find it a little odd to hear a feminine man voice saying to Joan Rivers, "you are wrong.  I absolutely LOVED that dress.  I wish I could have worn that dress".  And Joan has genuine frustration at him wanting to sway his opinion-it was actually causing her distress.  All this was over a DRESS!!!  Then the same thing happened regarding a bowtie.  About how it was too skinny, and that someone actually wore a 'dinner jacket'.  Oh and heaven forbid the poor girl that didn't have any jewelry.  She was just too plain.  
And Sigourney Weaver, she is just so predictable with her gowns....."she has a great body, but she just isn't showing it off".  Oh Brother!  Gag me.
Then there was the disagreement of whether George Clooney needs a haircut or not.  Khloe believes he needs a haircut, but Joan loves his hair.  But somebody's hair was too spiky, it needs to be toned down for the Oscars.  They were surprised because he usually understands the formality of the Oscars, but not this year.  Then it was the vampire boys turn-skinny blonde lady thinks he looked "perfect", but flamboyant gay man thought it was 'boring'.  And NEVER wear tennis shoes.  It is not appropriate.  Patent Leather is classic.
AAAAAHHHHHH
Oh, and one last thing.  Men, when you are getting out of the limousine, be sure to pull your jackets down, they have a tendency to ride up and STAY up....GASP!
I am disgusted.  

3 comments:

  1. Totally watched it 4 times already! Joan is so overrated. Khloe rocks and I think Giuliana has a horse face. I love Jay (the gay one)!
    George Clooney's hair WAS a disaster and that one girl's headband was to die for--just the right amount of bling. AND Sigourney always wears the draped over the shoulder dresses-- very predictable!

    Joan is too old and wears way too much crappy jewelry.

    **AND FYI, I stayed up late on Monday to watch the first airing of it--it's called Fashion Police. I look forward to it every Awards show, so don't knock it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Gotta agree with MJ on this one. I can hardly stand to watch the awards shows-let alone the critique shows afterwards. Really aren't there better things to complain about? And really, who decides what looks good and what doesn't? We all remember the swan dress fiasco by Bjork years ago. I'm sure all the fashionistas loved that weird feathery piece of work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate to admit it, but I probably would of watched that show had I of known it was on. I always like to see what everyone is wearing for the red carpet and hear the reviews. But MJ I can see your point of view too, and respect that...it is totally a waste of time. JMHO.

    ReplyDelete