Monday, March 22, 2010

Leather Flower


I went on a weekend shopping trip with my mom and sisters.  It was long.  I was officially "shopped out" at least 2 hours before they even considered the term.  There were many good deals, but the best deal was a leather flower at Fossil.  In fact, it was such a good deal, I was pretty much sure that both my sisters AND my mom would be purchasing the same leather flower once they saw MY leather flower.  This particular flower was MORE than half off.  It was originally $30.00---That is a little pricey, but for how cute it was, I just might consider it because, of course, it is LEATHER!  But to make the deal even better, it was only $12.49.  Yup, that's right!  A killer deal for such a fine item.  As I excitedly pulled the leather flower from my bag (in the middle of Old Navy) they were both 'shocked' that I would spend 'so much money' on this item.  One sister said, "I can't believe the things you spend your money on."  ARE YOU KIDDING ME?  This was a killer deal, after all, it is leather.  Another sister commented, 'why didn't you just go to Claire's?'.  How rude!  I don't want a PLEATHER flower---this one is classy---did I mention it's leather?  OH, and one more thing....I didn't just purchase one leather flower---NOPE, I bought TWO!!  (In the back of my mind I thought that I could possibly give one of them as a gift to either of my sisters or mom.  But after the comments and reaction-NO WAY!  They are both mine!)
Well, needless to say, not one of the women in the shopping party went next door to purchase a leather flower.  (their loss).
Today as I was getting ready for church, I made sure to wear an outfit that I could proudly display my new leather flower.  
Let me just say that I've never had so many comments.  I would say at least 8 people commented on my flower and most of them even asked, "is it leather?"  Oh yes, of course it's leather.  Why would I want a second class pleather flower?
It sure was fun to have such a frivilous item, and at such a bargain.  I left the yellow sitting in the Fossil store, but am considering making a trip just for one more leather flower.  After the response today, I KNOW I made the better choice.  Me and my leather flower were a hit in the 2nd ward Relief Society.
Sorry girls, you had your chance.

4 comments:

  1. I'm sure they only asked if it was leather, thinking that it could possibly be fabric or felt; not even concerned that your little flower may possibly be 'pleather'. Heaven forbid! I recall many a fine item made of pleather....payless shoes, car seats, purses from Jobbers Odd Lot, I could go on and on. Your real leather flower accessory is quite adorable, my only hope is to someday own such a fine real cow hide accessory such as your Fossil brand Leather Flower.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marne' that is a good buy! Minima would have said it was "darling"...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually loved Marne's expensive genuine leather flower. It was the perfect accessory to her ensemble on Sunday. I would kind of like the yellow one, just in case you are in need of a last minute birthday present. It was kind of funny that MJ would spend that kind of money because she's such a Ross $1.49 shopper. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. MJ, I loved it! I had my own hot pink real leather flower pin I purchased at Nordstrom (rack) many years ago. It was always a hit on my black leather jacket back in the day. I found it in pieces thanks to Cooper who thought it was a chosen leather chew toy just his size. I have the pieces in a baggie hoping to find a leather store and use it as a pattern. I will make many colors, and MJ will be proud.

    ReplyDelete