I spent way too much time at Dillards this evening. The fun part was exchanging a birthday gift (eau de parfum) for a different variety that wouldn't give me a headache.
There were quite a few funny things that happened during this outing. The first thing was I looked in the accessory department for a cute leather flower, but to my dismay, they only carried cheap silk flowers. I guess only the higher end stores carry the leather. Then on to the perfume counter. First imagine me being at the perfume counter. This is comparable to Shamu wandering in the Sahara. (get it, 'fish out of water')? I am totally out of place. The lady tried to convince me that I should get the new Beyonce' fragrance because it comes with a FREE handbag-----Are you kidding me? It was Pleather! NO THANKS! After choosing a totally awesome new fragrance, I moved on to the shoe department. Since when did it become commonplace to try on shoes for prom WHILE wearing your prom dress? To me this was a little odd, but nobody else seemed to be bothered by it, so I moved on.
I had to try to find some new earrings, and the 100 year old woman wearing a wig that was the only lady working in the jewelry department was following me around like a hawk. I know she thought I was going to steal something, so I purposely looked longer. She was hysterical (but not really, she had no sense of humor, but maybe she just couldn't hear me). She had round glasses that looked like a 100 year old Velma from Scooby Doo.
Then I found a sweet Lucky wallet. When I got to the car to peruse my purchases, I opened the wallet to find that it had obviously been owned by somebody before me. It had a temple recommend inside of it, along with some quilt store punch cards. The recommend was pretty new and had some good months of use left on it. After a little research, I have found the owner of the recommend and I will mail it to her. It must be fate.
That sums up my trip to Dillards. A good time was had by all, uh me.
I guess that was lame....who really cares anyway......booorrrrriiiinnnngggg.

MJ, I know that crazy lady in the Dillard's jewelry department. She follows you around like a hawk and she is always there. She is usually shuffling around in shiny Danskos. I go out of my way not to have her ring up my purchases, like the watch counter or purses. She has caught me a few times, but I don't care...she gives me the creeps! Too funny!!
ReplyDeleteForgot to add...Only you MJ would purchase a wallet and find a recommend in it, and then find the owner. I bought a Perlina purse off ebay a few days ago, and it said it was NWT (new w/tags, for those who don't know the ebay lingo) When it arrived today it did have tags, but I could tell it was gently used and found a nickle in the coin pocket. Oh well, it was a steal.
ReplyDeleteThat is stinkin' hilarious! I can totally imagine the whole Dillards scene in my mind. I enjoy Dillards particularly for the BIG MAN section. Nice clothes and even good brands for that hard to buy for super tall fella in your life.
ReplyDeleteI think it is funny that the lady returned her wallet after use and left her temple recommend. We could all use this story in a talk someday!
ReplyDeleteI would also like to take a moment to give a shout out to CLAIRE'S and their awesome PLEATHER flowers! :-)
I laugh because I have returned purses I have used a couple of times, I even save the paper stuffing that goes inside and with my trusty tag gun it looks brand new. But I'll bet there have been gun wrappers or coins left behind more than once. Once I was trying on purses and putting all my stuff inside to see if they would work, and left the store to realize I had left my cell phone in one of them! I had to go back to the department and call my phone waiting for the right purse to ring. But there is nothing more fun than buying a new purse!
ReplyDelete