Monday, March 1, 2010

Eggs

Since Easter is fast approaching I was thinking about eggs.  I thought about Jesus too, but this post is about eggs....sorry.
I have never had a problem with eggs, but the more I think about them, they are gross.  I mean, if you really think about what an egg is...eewww.  And what ever possessed some ancient person to see a white oval sphere come out of a chickens rear end and think it might be a good idea to eat it?  OK, maybe I could see considering eating it, but once you cracked it open I would think that sight would have changed your mind.  The consistency of snot alone even without the more hideous yellow middle (yolk).  I just cant understand this.
Grandma and Grandpa had brown eggs.  Dad always said there was no difference, but I swear they taste different.  They actually taste bird-like.  I can almost taste the grain that chicken had for lunch.
I'm not on a strike against eggs, and I'm sure I will eat them again, but next time I do I will be more aware of exactly what it is that I am eating......an unfertilized embryo!

3 comments:

  1. That is so funny. I've thought the same thing! That's why I think eggs are better scrambled so you don't see the big yolk staring at you. I feel the same way about milk. From a coconut maybe, but from the teet of a cow? But then you get into bacon, and ground beef and chicken and a whole slew of gross things if you think about it. Now salads...that's a pleasant food topic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did mom just say . . .(gulp) "TEET"?!?!?! EEEEWWWWWWWWW!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's odd, because if I remember correctly MJ prefers her eggs super runny-hmmmm. I suppose that has changed now that she has analyzed the heck out of it.

    ReplyDelete