Saturday, February 27, 2010

Tsunami

I wasted my morning waiting and watching for a tsunami to hit Hawaii.  It's not that I wanted to see a horrible catastrophe.  I really didn't want anyone to be injured or killed.  I just thought it would be fun to see some killer waves, or suddenly see all the birds fly to higher ground, or see the whales and dolphins suddenly start frolicking.  Just something exciting.  Fortunately it was a dud.  I am just shocked with all the buoys out floating in the ocean and the science and technology that we have today, the Oceanographers aren't able to more accurately predict this whole tsunami thing.  I mean, the entire state of Hawaii was evacuated from the shoreline.  They closed roads, and airports, and t-shirt shops.  I can't think of a better place to have to be stuck.  The views on TV were gorgeous, so I guess it wasn't a total loss.  I am very glad to know that my little piece of heaven, Ke'e beach, is still intact.

2 comments:

  1. Thank goodness the Tsunami was a wash... for Hawaii. They said it was moving 500 mph, so I thought it was going to be bad. Where do you find the funny/goofy pictures to add to your daily entries? They totally make me laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously. Where do you find these pictures? I also enjoyed the views and am hoping to get back there soon!!

    ReplyDelete