Thursday, February 4, 2010

Pipe Cleaner

I just have one question.  Is pipe cleaner good for anything besides making parts of an insect?  There is no craft that could be made cuter with a piece of pipe cleaner.  I often wonder what kind of a company stays in business simply making pipe cleaners.  Have you ever gone to Michaels to buy pipe cleaner and found that they were out of stock?  NO!  Nobody buys pipe cleaner.  They have tried to make it more appealing by making more variety.  Now you can choose from metallic pipe cleaner, glitter pipe cleaner, puffy pipe cleaner, neon pipe cleaner, chenile pipe cleaner......It doesn't matter----It's a stupid craft item that has no creative use.  The only pipe cleaner I would be interested would be 24 carat gold pipe cleaner.  I have done a lot of crafts in my day, including MANY camp crafts and I can honestly say that there is not one craft I have ever done that couldn't have been done without pipe cleaner.  I'm sure that the USPCA (United States Pipe Cleaner Association) is full of well intentioned people, but guaranteed they are not creative.  I'll bet they sit around all day twisting new ideas, "let's try a praying mantis....we can use the new glow in the dark pipe cleaner for feelers".  Or "I've got a great idea, let's make an extra puffy piece of black pipe cleaner so I can use it on the legs of my tarantula".    Let's just say these executive aren't working for the Martha Stewart empire.  In fact,  I would bet good money that there is a tweaker in the corner who doesn't want to admit that he uses his pipe cleaner for what it was originally made for.........cleaning his 'pipe' (wink-wink)...If you know what I mean!
This proves my point......antennaes-----ingenious!

5 comments:

  1. That is stinkin' adorable. Cole is totally going to make these for Valentine's for all his little friends at school. Great idea, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know I'm kidding right? Maybe I'm not...

    BTW, I have gone to buy pipe cleaners from the store and found the shelves empty many a time, especially around Halloween. You need to prepare your class crafts early my friends.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't tell that to Minima, she loved pipe cleaners. She had a white trunk full of them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks a lot Terri---gad, I feel bad. The funny thing is as I was typing this, I was thinking that this post couldn't offend anybody!! WRONG!

    ReplyDelete
  5. But what would those cute little candy cane reindeer do without antlers? They just wouldn't be the same . . .I am PPC (Pro Pipe Cleaner)!!

    ReplyDelete