Tonight's shower was a huge success. People are so very generous and it's fun to see Kelly getting ready to have her first child and Cindy getting ready to become a grandma.
A chronicle of the crazy adventures of Jac and MJ on any given day . . . . . . You just never know what is going to happen around here!
Wednesday, February 17, 2010
The Baby Shower
Tonight we had a baby shower for Kelly. As most of you know I am NOT the biggest fan of showers of any kind. I'm not talking about a wash your hair kind of shower. I'm talking Baby Showers or Bridal Showers. Maybe I don't like them because I've never had one. But I am completely fine with that, (don't cry for me Argentina). I think the main reason I don't like them is because you have to get "dressed up" and act mature and talk about either "Bridal" or "Baby" subjects. For instance, tonight I was inadvertantly a part of separate conversations about breastfeeding, how far dilated you should be, epidurals, "pumping", and mastitis. Really, do any of you really enjoy these topics? Maybe it's because I'm just an aunt, but I have a suspicious feeling that even if I had experienced these different topics, I still wouldn't want to talk about them. Especially in a public place such as a shower...GEESH! Needless to say, I subtly escaped these conversations to conveniently check the Jazz score on my phone. Thank goodness for my phone!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

What a good friend to are to attend and many times host so many bridal and baby showers.
ReplyDeleteMJ has given and participated in more showers than anyone I know, but she is really selecttive about whose she attends. So Kelly, feel very flattered because we could hardly get her to go to her own sister's showers! I am also amazed at the generosity of people and how faithful some ladies are to be at every shower. As the saying goes "Friends are the bacon bits on the salad of life." (oh gag me...)
ReplyDeleteI just liked a little time away from Hope. I could have done without the episiotomy talk however.
ReplyDeleteI guess I missed a lot of the conversation...I was talking salad bowls with JoAnn. Glad I missed the "details"
ReplyDelete