Sunday, February 14, 2010

Countries

There are MANY reasons that I am glad to live in the US of A.  But the main reason is the crazy names of other countries.  Who wants to live in a country that has the word "duh" in their name.....Canaduh?   I think it would be worse to live in a country that is a horrible weapon.....Grenada.  Or who wants to live in a country that has the word "bra" in their name....Brazil?  Then there is the country with a large food supply.....Hungary.  Or how about a country thats a food that gives you gas....Chile?  Or how about the most unlucky bird in the world.....Crowatia?  Or even the bird we all eat at Thanksgiving...Turkey?  No disresepct to the disaster that occured here, but "Haiti".....come on, any country with Hate in their name is just asking for trouble.  Or Niger....wow!  I would HATE to live in the country where you need a lot of patience......Kuwait.  
I guess they aren't all bad, how about a yummy dessert....Malta?  A major ingredient in keeping your car running....Greece.  I wonder how many angry people live in Ireland. 
My least favorite of all of them, obviously a place where you need a LOT of anti-bacterial.....Germany.
Just a little reminder of how lucky we are to live in the land of the free and the home of the brave.

4 comments:

  1. Wow, are you having another one of those annoying days. Some of those country names and definitions were pretty far stretched. I'm a bit bugged by all the "stans"; Kyrgyzstan,Tajikistan, Uzbekistan...really they couldn't come up with some "nickname" to shorten them to? And who is this STAN they talk of anyway? Crane here...

    ReplyDelete
  2. All I know is if you can judge the country by some of the crazy uniforms they were wearing at the Opening Ceremonies, it's a sad commentary on their fashion sense. Those florescent paisley pants... where do you even order those? Tthe Bermuda shorts were cute for Bermuda though. But Romania really needs a little help from Vera Wang. They always have the boldest strange color combination. I don't like to criticize, but I liked the Ralph Lauren outfits, but they looked a little bulky with the big ribbed turtleneck under the big poofy parka...as MJ said, I'll bet that USA team were all sweating buckets. But they looked cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Ter's posts are just getting shorter and shorter. Sad.

    Well,your blog is quite true and funny. But I'm just trying to figure out what you had to type into the google images box to find that picture.
    You must have been up all night

    ReplyDelete