Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Gingerbread House

I've always had a dream to make an incredible gingerbread house.  I'd make it like a gingerbread mansion.  I'd have the frosting bags and put piping and scallops all over the thing.  I would go to the candy by the pound store and the variety of candies would be overwhelming.  It would have Mentos, licorice, gumdrops, taffy.....you name it, it would be on it!  It would be exquisite! 
Recently my dreams have changed.  I think now I would rather make a custom cake.  I think fondant is the coolest thing ever.  How fun would it be to have all the food coloring and airbrushes and fondant and red velvet cake?  I think I would want to make a realistic looking giant hamburger and hotdog.  How fun would that be?  I would make the meat look real by making it look shiny and greasy.  Just think how much red  and yellow food coloring you would need to make ketchup and mustard?  I think it would be SOOO fun!
I also think it would be fun to make some funky wedding cakes.
Speaking of weddings.  It's a good thing that I am not offended easily.  After the event that occurred today, many women would be so upset, they'd still be crying.  Today as I innocently went to get the mail, there was a large stack of magazines.  One of them was "BRIDE" magazine.  I didn't think much of it until I saw who it was addressed to:  ME!  How rude!  As it turned out, I was glad to get it!  So HA!  It had some way cool ideas for invitations.
Whoever sent this (probably as some sort of a sick joke)-I don't need a Bride magazine---but nice try!
Back to the gingerbread house dream.  I'm still working on Jac and trying to arrange a big event in which we all make a gingerbread house.  Maybe we could change it and have a big event where we all make a giant cake, complete with fondant!
Good idea?  I think so!
PS:  I hate to eat gingerbread.....it's only good for houses.

2 comments:

  1. You must have been watching channel 30! I would like to make it to . . . I don't know why Jac hates gingerbread houses so much . . .sniff, sniff-Maybe, like Gretl, she had a bad experience?!?!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the gingerbread house idea, I feel I have watched enough Ace of Cakes episodes to make a nice wedding cake now. I have to comment on the "Redneck Gingerbread House" I think it should say "Redneck Graham Cracker House". Where do you did those pictures? Too funny.

    ReplyDelete