I know we all have some pretty funny dreams, and it's especially interesting when we have the same ones over and over. I just thought I would share a re-occuring dream I have maybe 2 - 3 times a week. Perhaps those of you with some psychological training could shed some insight.
I always start out downtown in an area that doesn't really exist, but is the same in every dream and I am trying to get home and I am always riding a bike. I have a "shortcut" I take through the Olympus Hills area and up through the mountains, but the terrain is steep and I am huffing and puffing thinking, "Here I am on this damn bike again..." I'm not walking and heaven forbid there is a car available, I'm just always pedaling as fast as I can. Nobody is ever with me, but I'm on the same path and see the same mansion houses along my way. Last night one of the houses was having a big BBQ in their backyard where my path goes, and I was saying, "Sorry, oops, sorry to get in your way." And everyone seemed pretty annoyed at the crazy lady on the bike. I'm sure they have seen me go through their neighborhood several times and they are on the lookout for the Lunatic on Wheels. I come out on Wasatch Boulevard and head down through some sagebrush fields to get to the Old Mill area and up the big hill. What's with the bike? I mean there must be some underlying experience I had riding my bike 30 miles back and forth from Murray Park in my younger days. I don't repeat dreams except this one. How lame is that?! Anybody have any good dreams they want to share with the Crazy Ladies?
Yes! I woke up the other night terrified about my nightmare. I woke Eric up, and he wanted to know what the dream was. He was telling me everything was going to be alright, until I told him what my dream was. I told him that my dream, was we went to petsmart and got this great pet duck. I didn't want the duck as much as Eric did, but I put up with it( Gosh, sounds a lot like Dixie doesn't it?) Anyway, I was taking the duck for a walk when it gave birth to 9 other little ducks. Then we had to take care of the ducklings as well. I was so glad when I woke up, but Eric didn't think it was as scary as I did...
ReplyDeleteMY reoccuring dream is at our Newport house where the power lines are over by the pool (Dad always worried about those falling down) Anyhow, I am a skilled tightrope walker and walk AND bike on the telephone lines over the pool and I am WAY good--like better than Barnum & Bailey! Weird. Funny that mom and I both include bikes. Hmm?
ReplyDeleteThis dream isnt recurring, but its funny. I dreamt that we were in Africa with the Pugmires (when we were teenagers). There was a shrinking lake (due to the heat) and water buffalos were drinking when Heather got too close and hung on to one of their tails and started waterskiing behind the water buffalo as the water buffalo was running. She was really good, like jumping the wake and doing tricks. It's one I've never forgotten!
ReplyDeleteWow! All impressive dreams. I don't really have recurring dreams. Jerry never remembers his dreams. I ALWAYS remember my dreams. I do have alot of dreams about flying. Just the other night I was flying in my dream and it seemed SO real and I kept thinking to myself "this one isn't a dream, I am really flying this time" it just seemed so real. I think we will all be able to fly someday.
ReplyDeleteOkay Aimee JETSON!
ReplyDeleteThe dream/nightmare I remember the most was when we were building our house. It is still so clear in my mind, just like it happened yesterday...Jac and I were driving in her car into Brighton Cove and we pull up to our house, and there is this cute snowman in our front yard. As I opened the car door, all of a sudden the snowman pulls outs guns in both of his twig arms and starts shooting at us. We barely escaped!
ReplyDeleteI still remember how scared and sweaty I was when I woke up.
What does it all mean?