There are many reality shows on TV, some are good and some are just plain ridiculous. I must admit that I am a sucker for the reality shows. I like the cake shows...Cake Boss and Ace of Cakes. I like the crazy MTV shows, True Life, MADE, Teen Mom, Real World, The Hills. Then there are the midget shows. Little People, Big World, The Little Couple, The Little Chocolatiers. I've gotta say that it is a little strange that a reality shows is made about "little people".... if it's all that is on, I do watch them! Then we have the really interesting shows...American Chopper, Dirty Jobs, Man vs. Wild, Mantracker, Deadliest Catch, Trauma, life in the ER, Mythbusters (not my favorite), How It's Made (my favorite). When I watch these shows, they just make me want to be a better person! I guess I am kind of a reality show junkie. The biggest problem is that all these shows are on late at night, so I am suckered into watching them as I am falling asleep, but then have to finish the stinkin episode. It's a vicious cycle for sure. I think more than anything, these shows make you grateful for the life you have and not the craziness that is out there!
Some people will say that certain reality shows like "Say Yes to the Dress" should be included on the list of 'can't miss' reality television, but I would like to strongly disagree. I have begrudgingly watched quite a few episodes of this show, not of my choice. This is not something I would recommend. First of all it is completely unrealistic. Why waste your time watching a show about wedding dresses. Unless you are planning an upcoming wedding and have an extra $10,000.00 to spend on a dress that you will wear once for a couple of hours. I just don't get it. Wouldn't you much rather have a new laptop? I would!
Oh the other one that I really don't appreciate is The Bachelor. These are desperate people! That's all I have to say.
Well, I am not one bit afraid to admit that I watch the reality shows. I realize that they are for the most part lame, but there's something interesting about peeking into the way the other half lives!

Survivor! That's our favorite reality tv show. I would TOTALLY suck at it, be whiney and complain the whole time. But it sure is fun to watch and make fun of other people.
ReplyDeleteI think the little Chocolatiers work just down the hill from me! It is called the Something Family Chocolates (I whizzed by pretty fast...)I didn't see any little people in there, but they could have been behind the counter. What is their last name?
ReplyDeleteMom it is! It's Hatch's, I've seen it there, but didn't realize that it is the place that's on TV. You should stop in some time
ReplyDeleteOf course they were behind the counter. I am sure they don't stand on stools all day looking out the window to see if anyone comes in. Last night was so cute with Catelynn who gave up her baby for adoption... I cried and cried . . . But I will admit that The Bachelor has gotten out of hand! But "Say Yes to the Dress" is phenomenal. You also forgot "Whose Wedding is it Anyway?" Don't miss it!
ReplyDeleteMJ, I think it is political incorrect to say "migets", just saying. But hey, I love reality tv, I would take it over the fiction shows any day. My favs are The Biggest Loser (very inspiring) Project Runway (if you ever have tried sewing an outfit, this show is amazing!) Shear Genius (just dumb and funny at the same time) The Bachlor (nothing like watching a train wreck!) I will try and watch some of your favorites MJ, but my dvr is pretty filled up as you can see by my own list...thanks for your good posts.
ReplyDeleteI meant "midget", Didn't have spell check or my trusty dictionary close by. I knew MJ would call me on it.
ReplyDelete