Sunday, February 14, 2010

Valentines, Cupids, Love and other Stuff

We had an amazing dinner prepared by Whit The Chef today, and it was delicious in every way. It was the best Valentines present ever, and MJ and Jac are ever so grateful for the love and work that went into that perfect dinner. That's what Valentine's should be all about. Love, a little Romance and acts of kindness for our sweethearts.


So who came up with the whole cupid idea? What is fun or cute about a flying guy (with femmy wings) who shoots real arrows at people, usually aiming directly at the heart? I mean if he was carrying a gun or machete there would be protests from every peace loving person on the universe. And he usually has extra arrows in a pack on his back....kind of like carrying rounds of rifle ammunition in a Stallone war movie. I just can't see where a weapon that can kill people should be associated with a meaningful, tender holiday. Who was walking around thinking Valentine's needed to be represented by a flying assasin?


I propose we come up with a new mascot for Valentine's Day. Maybe a white hamster with a red bow around his neck, or perhaps a smiling polar bear sitting on a heart-shaped ice jam. I don't know, it just seems like there ought to be a more happy, less violent representative for a day that should be all about celebrating loving relationships.


And for all you guys out there (yeah, alot of them read this blog), who think Valentines is the stupidest holiday of the year, just remember that we gals take it seriously. ALL YOU NEED TO REMEMBER IS A NICE CARD. Dinner, CD's, flowers, candy...they all add to the points you are receiving for being attentive to February 14, but a card, a hug and an" I love you" will go a LONG way. Just make sure Cupid is being detained at Guantanamo so we don't have to worry about that nut!


4 comments:

  1. Jac, you are so right about the cupid character. I don't think they have anything on but some sash. At least we could have a modest cupid. And he is a little creepy...Like dad would say "Valentines day was created by the card companys."

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Valentine's and would like to thank Jac for the shout out to the men in the world who seem to 'forget' what to do each year for Valentine's day.
    Way fun Valentine's--Thanks for being our sweethearts this year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shout out to Jac for writing today's post! Woohoo.....thanks! It's perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A Card...and chocolate. That's what you meant to say right? Chocolate.

    ReplyDelete