Monday, February 1, 2010

Birds of a Feather

As I was driving to work this morning and stopped at a red light, I noticed a flock of small birds landing on a telephone wire.  They all looked just the same and stood as close as they could to each other, except for 6 birds who landed on a different wire several feet away.  I couldn't keep  my eyes off them because the 6 outcasts looked kind of sad and left out.  I wondered if they were a different nationality or breed, or if they were nerd birds who just didn't fit in with the larger population of bird friends.  No one seemed to invite them over to the main wire, but no other newcoming birds joined them either.  Maybe they had the bird flu and the others were trying to stay out of their breathing space.  It was just kind of a sad scenario.  I tried to analyze is into people and how they leave others out, but couldn't quite make it work.  Maybe there are just some birds that fly to the beat of a different drum. Or maybe the large group of birds were talking smack about the others.  Maybe I just over-analyze everything.  Yeah, let's go with that.

2 comments:

  1. bird nerds?? were they chubby, or having a bad feather day? Maybe they were the cool birds...Did you think of that? All the other birds were the nerd birds. I'll bet that wire was extra warm from more electricity than the other one, that's why the others were huddling so close together!
    PS: The original post was by jac...this comment is MJ!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh Jac, didn't think you thought of things like that. I think that they may have been having the Miss USA bird pageant, and that is a line that you just can't cross. Think of all the feathers that would be ruffled if some fat chick (no pun intended) headed over as they were primping! Pshaw!

    ReplyDelete