Friday, February 12, 2010

Olympic Spirit!

Well, after 3 1/2 long hours, the Olympics are officially under way.  After seeing 'Free Willy', Peter Pan, and Geronimo and his gang dance for an hour....I am SOOOO ready to see some actual Olympics.  Many times I felt like we were watching the Griswold Olympics......there were a LOT of Christmas lights....everywhere.....on the costumes, on the ground, in the sky, in the stands...a lot of tiny twinkling lights (the twinkling Polar Bear made it complete).   A quick flashback to the 80's with Bryan Adams...Then there were the statues right out of the "LOST" television series.  It must be part of the Dharma project.  Ultimately it was quite disappointing to see the "tripod" cauldron.......shoulda been a "quadpod".  I must admit that I was more than a little disappointed with the opening ceremonies.  The way I see it, after the tragic accident this morning with the Georgian team, and the dismal opening ceremonies, they only have one direction to go and that is UP!  So the best is yet to come!
Let The Games Begin!
These are the Dharma Project statues

Meet Geronimo!

6 comments:

  1. The boys were all confused by the "big girl dressed like a boy in a white suit with bear feet". Seriously, do you think they were trying to make a statement with all the "alternative lifestyle" performers? For the most part we all were really impressed by the opening ceremonies-kinda long though. Loved the whales!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We enjoyed the opening ceremonies for the most part. I thought the video stuff they were able to do in the stadium was pretty cool. Gee, when the family went to the opening ceremonies in SLC it was really cold, and I probably spent as much money on warm clothing as I did on the tickets!! How would it be to be indoors for the whole thing? I do recall it actually started lightly snowing towards the end of the event in SL and that was something that couldn't be staged or manufactured...it was pure magic. Jas loved all the stuff on Canada, since he served is mission there, so it was fun for him, as he joined in on the national anthem. They do have a cool flag though. Heard this morning the men's downhill was cancelled because of slushy snow. That can't be good. But I plan on watching the events.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is just me, or are my blog comments getting longer and longer? Gee MJ since you mentioned you liked comments, I have taken it to the extreme! Sorry, I will try to be more brief. I don't want to be known as "The Commenter" like they have in Sunday school and Relief Society.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's just a good thing no one who enjoyed the Olympic ceremony was at our house because we would have ruined it for you. I thought the Peter Pan boy went on a little too long, and there sure are alot of TRIBES to represent in Canada! But I loved the whales spouting water - that was way cool. And where in the heck was Celine Dion? She's Canadian! I think they pulled their singer's out of mothballs for the most part, but the Olympics are exciting even when things go wrong. GO USA!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was impressed, although I agree with Peter Pam--lost Russ at that point. I thought it was hilarious that Wayne Gretzky was put on the spot--and not a good spot. Sure was fun watching him ride in the back of a truck for 15 miles . . .

    Ter, I personally like your comments and do not find them too long.

    I also liked the whales, but Hope was freaked out at the big bear! Where did he go anyway? They should have left Mr. Bear up a little longer . . .after all he probably cost a couple mil!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Peter Pam?
    hardy har har har har

    ReplyDelete