As most of you know, I pretty much live my life within a 1 mile radius. I work about 500 yards away from home. All the grocery stores and gas stations are within approximately 1 mile. The gas station, about 100 yards. But today, I ventured an additional mile outside of my radius and went to lunch at Zupas. While I was there, I overheard 3 separate conversations discussing Shaun White. He is quite literally the talk of the town! Then at work, he was discussed. And THEN, we discussed him at home. WOW! Five times....Five times??? Five times!!!
But really, he is amazing. I just think it is so ridiculous that they call him the 'Flying Tomato'. There is nothing good about a flying tomato. That nickname belongs with a figure skater. It is more fitting for that sport. Actually a pairs figure skater would be better. The man could be the tomato launcher, and the woman would be the flying tomato. Anyway, thats beside the point. He needs something that is amazing! He really is so much better at what he does than everybody else.
WOAH!!! THIS IS WEIRD......LIKE VERGING ON BREAKING NEWS. As I am typing this, I am watching the 12:00am wrap-up of the Olympics and Shaun White is being interviewed and they are talking about the "Flying Tomato" nickname. Shaun just said he doesn't like that nickname. I KNEW IT!! I knew it was stupid! HA!
Man-that is freaking weird! What are the odds that I would be typing that and it comes on the TV! It's just fate I guess.
Anyhew- he is quite an unusual looking guy. He could actually be a girl with a little make-up. Oh well, it doesn't really matter. He has a gold medal so he can look however he darn well pleases.
Hasta la vista!


We are big fans of the Shaun White here in Highland. We even recorded (on VHS) his half pipe events so we can watch it over and over. He TOTALLY rocks. But the big-C man seems to think it all looks easy and he could totally do all those moves-WHATEVA!
ReplyDeleteThat snowboarding half-pipe event has become my all-time favorite..even overtaking figure skating! I think squirrel and her little nuts should all move to Park City and that the Big C-Man should starting training right now! That kid has no fear and would look stinkin' cute in those USA outfits!
ReplyDelete