The more I think about it, the more I realize there needs to be a set of common courtesy rules that should be posted at every check out location. Perhaps it could read as follows:
1. Do not leave your place in line if you're checking out to go back and grab something you forgot. It's not fun to stand there and look down every aisle hoping you will really return within a reasonable amount of time.
2. Don't drag out a coupon you forgot to use after your items have been totalled and the clerk has to re-ring every purchase. Just save that 35 cents for your next shopping experience.
3. Don't second guess every price that has been entered asking, "Did that come up as the sale price?" (I've NEVER done that....) The cash register is pretty smart.
4. Make sure you use a "working" credit card, aka one that has some money left on it. Randomly throwing out cards and saying "Try this one" is so obnoxious.
5. ALWAYS HAVE YOUR CHECK READY TO GO. You know where you are, so fill out the freaking name of the store, and you can go ahead and sign your name ahead of time, it's all legal I promise, and then ever so quickly fill in the amount.
6. Leave your check out spot immediately. Do not take your time recording the check, or trying to neatly place change in your wallet. Or try to tell the clerk a cute story before you leave. Or going over every item on the receipt to make sure it is all correct. Just leave that "golden spot" so someone else can have fun and they don't have to try and write out a check on the rotating grocery counter behind you.
7. Just because it looks like you don't have that many items, do not try and push it with 15 or 40 going through the "10 items and Under" lane. I think you're safe with a dozen eggs counting as one item, and maybe a bunch of bananas , but don't take advantage of the one saving grace of a grocery store when you're in a hurry. Perhaps we could say, "If it doesn't fit in a carry basket and you have a shopping cart go to a regular lane." The clerks are just as nice in the regular lanes.
8. If you see white liquid or yellow yolks in your cart, you may have a leaky item. Perhaps you could check those type of products before you put them in the cart. It's fun to wait while dense teenage employee has to go find a replacement and acts as though they have never seen the inside of the store before.
Well, that covers it for now. Please feel free to add your own rules, as I'm sure there are some I've left out. I'll go ahead and get those copied at Kinkos and maybe some of you can help me deliver them to every store in Utah.
Thanks.
Mom
WOW! Once you two get started on something, ya just can't let it go! I will say that I have done all of those things you listed EXCEPT use a coupon. Gift card, YES! Coupon, NO!!! It's not even worth getting my scissors out of the cupboard to save 35cents!
ReplyDeleteGood list Jac. My input would be that there should be a seperate check out line for check writers. EVERYONE should be using debit cards in these advanced times. I think the only time I write a check is to pay my hair gal, and that is only because she doesn't have a card machine, (maybe I'll make that suggestion to her next time!)
ReplyDelete