Tuesday, January 19, 2010

What's the difference?

What's the difference between a college and a university?  Does anybody really know?   In my humble opinion, a university is better.  A college just sounds dumb.  Think of the big schools...They aren't called Harvard College, or Yale College, or Brigham Young College, the College of Utah.  No, that's just lame.  The dumb schools have College in their name, like the College of Eastern Utah.  Is that even a real school?  Salt Lake Community College.  Do you get my point?  College of Massage Therapy.....ok, ok, ok. I think you get my point.  Wait, I just thought of Westminster College....that's not a dumb school.  Hmmmm, maybe my point has a flaw.   No, that's just the exception to the rule.
That's another thing.  Who ever thought of "Exception to the rule".  That just doesn't make sense.  If a rule has an exception, than it's just not officially a rule.  A rule is absolute.  In my opinion.  Hmmmm.


One last thing, I'd like to honor my favorite poet.  Today is his birthday. He was a handsome fella.  May his soul rest in peace....Edgar Allan Poe.  Poe guy, he had a rough life.  Ba ha ha ha my favorite poet...ha ha ha, that's like saying I have a favorite ballerina, or rest in peace Tchaikowsky, you are my most favorite composer, (I'm assuming he's dead!)  Ya right! LOL
Just some points to ponder.

3 comments:

  1. Edgar Allen Poe was a real creep in my book. I think he's right up there with Stephen King and Alfred Hitchcock, What is the fun in gore and evil and scaring people to death? There's a place for those folks and it it's hotter than Haiti down there! Oh, sorry...didn't mean to make a joke about Haiti....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like Poe! but the bahaha laugh has got to go!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poe's not so bad, gotta agree with Whit. But as an exception to the rule... Shel Silverstein is a poet and the boys really love him.

    ReplyDelete