I just had a lovely conversation with my middle sister and we were discussing our Sunday dinner. She mentioned a dish that should be made in a Crock Pot. Crock Pot....What a stupid name. Who was cooking one day and decided they should make a new appliance and call it a Crock Pot? I mean have you ever thought as you lay in bed at night thinking of new ways to make a buck and in your mind you come up with the one invention that is going to make you millions and think, "I'll make a pot that plugs into an outlet......and i'll make it out of pottery, and I'll decorate it with a lovely flower pattern and hmmmmm, I'll call it a "CROCK POT"" I have just never really thought about it when we have used a Crock Pot. It's just crazy.......the whole idea of plugging in pottery, and of all things calling it a "Crock Pot". Come on, who is supposed to take this seriously. "Hi Honey, I've cooked you a scrumptious Crock Pot meal tonight".
I think a better name would have been an electric pot. After all, we have an electric skillet, an electric frying pan, an electric griddle. We don't call them a Crock Skillet, or a Crock Frying Pan, or a Crock Griddle. I really hope I don't get it mixed up with my Croc Boots, or my Croc Handbag. In my opinion, we should all stop using "Crock Pots" until they can come up with a better name. After all, a Crock Pot started a house on fire last week in Layton.....I'm just sayin'.....

FYI, it was originally called a "bean pot". btw, have you ever made homemade refried beans in one....mmmmm
ReplyDeleteWhat a crock! Really,I am a fan of the crock pot!