Friday, January 15, 2010

A Lame Blog Entry

As I lay here tonight, unsure what to blog about, I have suspender wearing Larry King Live on in the background.  My scanner is also scanning and reporting on the happenings around the valley.  I am racking my brain about what to blog about when I glanced up at the TV screen and saw "Haiti is in a dire situation" flashing across the bottom of the screen.  That reminded me of a funny thing that happened to me in elementary school.  One of my teachers, I believe it was Mrs. Embley, once told us that during a test, nobody could use the hall pass unless it was a "dire" situation.  Being a young girl, I had never heard that word and not wanting to seem dumb and ask.....I just assumed that is was short for diarrhea.  So I just assumed you couldn't take the hall pass unless you had diarrhea.  Now every time I hear that word, I think of a situation that is so bad that you have diarrhea.  I know it's gross, but it's true!
I apologize for having to stoop to such a low level for a blog topic, but its a rarity....I promise.  
Here's hoping that none of our blog readers have a 'dire' situation!

2 comments:

  1. I knew you'd come through! Get feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, my comment is no comment. No "dire" situation here-thank goodness!

    ReplyDelete