Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Rotisserie Chicken

This blog is becoming a little bit daunting lately.  I'm pretty sure it has something to do with the dreaded tax season.  So rest assured, I'm sure the blog will be going full steam ahead after April 15th!  (I hope).
I would like to let everyone know that I actually went to Smiths this evening (somewhere I swore I would never go again).  It was a perfectly normal experience.  I've decided the secret is to not get a shopping cart. NO!  You are much better off having a handheld basket.  No one can see what you have in your basket.  And today, it wouldn't have mattered.  Although, it is a little embarrassing to buy a Rotisserie chicken.  I've never really seen anybody buy one, and why do they put them right where everyone waiting in line watches you pick one out?  I didn't even look at the options.  I just grabbed the closest one to the edge.  And it was delicious!  After enjoying the 'suckling' (as Canyon would say) chicken, I boiled the carcass for a delicious Chicken Noodle Soup.  Dad would be proud!

5 comments:

  1. Sounds delicious! I love the rotisserie chickens. I think the best are at Costco, they are a little bigger for the less money. Ya can't go wrong with the chicken...btw I see lots of people grabbing their chickens as they check out. You are not alone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My new favorite treat is the rotisserie chickens at Costco. I CRAVE them! I haven't tried the Smith's chickens yet, I will have to give it a whirl. I must say though, I do not feel bad about throwing out the carcass...ewww!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So funny! I am so proud of you for making chicken noodle soup. You do it all: change sprinkler heads, clean the pool filters and boil carcasses-AMAZING!! Dad would be s' proud.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The chicken carcass soup was delicious! MJ has alot of gumption to try new recipes and take on any new project. I love her to pieces and send props to her for fixing the only homemade food around here in a long time! Dad IS proud!

    ReplyDelete