Friday, February 19, 2010

My Very Smart Car

I love my car. It has every feature I could ever want in a vehicle, and I consider it to be a smart car. No, not like an environmentally "smart" car, (there is no"coexist" bumper sticker on it), it is just exceptionally brilliant in the car world. It beeps a different beep if I am too close to something anywhere around the car...a protective shield you might call it. I can talk on my phone through the radio and it knows when certain driving lights should go on or off. It also knows when the person sitting in the passenger seat isn't wearing their seat belt. It gives you 20 seconds to get that seatbelt snugged in tight until you get your polite beep reminder. MJ is all too familiar with this feature, and not too fond of it I might add.
Yesterday as I was running many errands the only place left in my car to put my 3 cases of ZERO water was on the front seat, and yes, you guessed it the beep came on and I had to pull over to belt in my highly prized water. I must admit I felt a little silly and hoped no one was watching, but it does make one wonder, does a human bottom feel the same on the seat as a piece of flat cardboard, or most probably there is a weight limit which also makes you wonder who weighs the most....the product or the passenger? At what weight limit does the buzzer go off? Is there a sensor somewhere secreting calculating the weight of my friends and purchases? Just the word "sensor" scares me....there's just alot of unknown there. Well, that's my story and the fact that it was important enough to make the blog is a sad commentary on my life.

2 comments:

  1. Don't EVEN talk to me about cars!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The only beeping going off in my car is the one saying "TOO MANY MILES!!" "WHO'S THIS FAT GUY DRIVING ME!" and "FILL ME UP (even though I show I'm full of gas!)"
    WAY fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are all sighing a sigh of relief that your Zero water made it safely home without incident. Although I might suggest putting it in the back seat next time-you wouldn't want the air bag to suddenly go off and decapitate all the little bottles.

    ReplyDelete